CTA: Want to grow your business without wasting money on marketing agencies, coaches or consultants? Schedule our risk free consultation to learn how we can double the size of your business with just 4 questions.
The Truth About Marketing Agencies
Don’t fall for the trap…
If you’re considering hiring an agency to help grow your business, it is important to be aware of the potential pitfalls associated with marketing agencies.
While many of them claim to have the skills and expertise to deliver results, the reality is, not all of them are qualified enough to deliver the results you need.
Talk to any business owner and they usually have a story of paying excessive fees to a marketing agency and not having any new revenue to show for it.
But if they do get results, the problem is a lot deeper than that…
How A Marketing Agency Holds You Ransom
When hiring a marketing agency, all the expertise of how to grow your revenue stays outside your business.
That means even if they’re successful, you don’t know how to repeat the results for yourself.
What happens if your marketing agency is doing a great job but then gets too busy with clients and forgets about you…
As a business owner, you and your team need to know how to get more customers when you need to or your growth is forever in someone else’s hands.
In this article you’ll discover how business owners are taking their business to the next level without using marketing agencies.
Many business owners want to grow but don’t know how…
Or maybe you know what you need to do, but you can’t seem to align the time and resources to make it happen without the wheels falling off.
In either case, a Growth Partner might be what you’re looking for instead.
And as someone who ran a marketing agency for 14 years, let me share with you 3 reasons why choosing a Growth Partner might be better for your business…
Reason #1 . Growth Partners Focus On More Than Just Marketing
They look at big-picture strategy and work across sales & marketing, operations, and finance to increase your capacity for long -term growth.
- Sales & Marketing: Growth partners help businesses develop and execute marketing strategies designed to attract new customers and drive revenue growth.
- Operations: They help businesses create and optimise your processes so you can handle the increase in sales efficiently.
- Finance: They also help you improve your financial performance like managing cashflow and reducing costs so more of your revenue turns into profit.
By helping you improve your business across all three areas, you can ensure you grow in a sustainable way that creates more free time and profit while also reducing stress.
Reason #2. A Growth Partner Helps You Build Your Team
They focus on increasing the capacity of your internal team so the knowledge stays in your business, by giving you proven systems that can be installed in your business.
- Attracting & Retaining Talent: Growth partners help you find the best talent through their network or compelling recruitment campaigns and then help you build a working environment that your team loves.
- System & Processes: They give you proven processes that allow your team to implement new strategies and tactics using best practice (no more guessing what might work). By having your business systematised it also allows you to step back from the day-to-day running or sell at a higher multiple of profit.
- Management Systems: They help you install simple tools to manage your business that help you set strategy and then measure the results of your progress.
If you’ve ever desired a business that could scale and run without your direct involvement, where your team were doing consistently great work and didn’t rely on you for every little decision…
Then you can’t achieve that without the right systems in place.
Reason #3. Growth Partners Cooperate On A Revenue Share Model
A Growth Partner is driven by results and gets paid by sharing a percentage of revenue as your business grows. This minimises the risk to you because you’re not adding monthly retainers or, salaries to your expense column.
Here are some of the main benefits of the revenue share model:.
- Aligned Goals: In a revenue share models, Growth Partners and business owners are fully aligned toward generating sustainable revenue and profits.
- Control: It allows you to retain full ownership of your business as you are not giving up equity or control of your company and there are planned exit strategies in place if you ever want to leave the partnership.
- Shared Success: Growth Partners are compensated based on a percentage of revenue, so they have the incentive to help grow your business and profitability. This means their success is your success.
A revenue share model creates a strong alignment between the Growth Partner and the business, as you’d have a vested interest in the business’s growth over the long term.
Choosing A Growth Partner Or Marketing Agency?
Growth Partners can provide a more comprehensive and effective approach to drive growth since they work across a range of functional areas.
These include sales & marketing, operations, and finance to provide a big -picture strategy to help you grow your revenue (and profits).
Whereas marketing agencies have one approach, which is to deliver marketing-specific services which usually relies on one of a few tactics like search engines or Facebook ads etc while ignoring the bigger picture.
Ultimately, it’ is important for business owners to carefully consider their needs and goals when deciding whether to work with a growth partner or a marketing agency and to choose the option that is most likely to help them achieve their desired results.
If you’d like to see how a growth partner can double the size of your business, let us have a quick consultation where we ask 4 questions designed to uncover the hidden revenue in your business right now. Click here to schedule a 30-minute 4 Questions Call or find out more about it here.
You can also click here to download our Revenue Levers Checklist and uncover other hidden revenue and profits in your business.